Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In HCMC

We made it to our destination. I am having a hard time sleeping, too much going on in my poor little head and my heart is racing. Found out today that my file is still at DA and that the ceremony could take place as late as July 4. Very depressing. We will be leaving the hotel here tomorrow and we will be going to Vung Tau where I will get to see my little Toan. We will be staying in Vung Tau until ceremony of adoption is completed. Please, dear readers, cross your fingers for us. It all seems to look like we showed up one week too early. But what can we do now.
The arrival here was a little bit of a shock, a big one I should say. I have to keep my focus on my little one whose life is about to change drastically let's say. A big part of me is in Kingston with Michael and the children, I miss them so very much. I am so very fortunate to have Claudia with me.
The hotel here is very nice and comfy. I was able to go for a quick run on the treadmill and for a refreshing swim in the pool after. The pool is so nice!
I will try to post tomorrow after the big meeting with my son.
I am unable to get on Facebook from here, maybe one of you can post this fact on my wall?
Also, to K who will be coming soon, EVA airline was fantastic and the route very convenient! You might want to take this into consideration when comes the time to book - keep me posted please.

Please think of me.

1 comment:

  1. Make the most of your time there. Your Kingston kids are sleeping in their own beds and in Michael's good hands. They're fine. You enjoy that extra time before the ceremony to help Toan get slowly used to you. Think of Le Petit Prince and his fox.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."

    "I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not your friend."

    "What does that mean, friend?"

    The fox said, "Well, to me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you befriend me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

    "I'm beginning to understand." said the Little Prince, "There is a rose ... I think she is my friend."

    "If you befriend me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow..."

    ReplyDelete